Step into your celebration with this cake

Put your foot into this article instead of these shoes.

Max Brogdon, Staff Reporter

The new trend for pastries are sneaker designs. These sweet goods are being used for different occasions such as birthdays, and other special events like sneaker reveals.

This trend’s origin is in New Jersey, New York. The Sweet Grace Cake Designs  company has created cakes that look just like sneakers from companies such as Jordan, Nike, and Converse. On their website, they show nineteen of their designs of what they have accomplished for different events. There are  a pair of red converse sneakers that the company designed for a baby shower, revealing the gender of the baby. This company has also designed a panda, book, Lego head, Chanel bag, and dinosaur designed cakes, as a few examples of what else they sell for birthday parties. Sweet Grace Cake Designs also sells cakes for events such as weddings, christenings, bridal showers, baby showers, graduations, bar and bat-mitzvahs, and corporate celebrations.

A shoe that was used to help design a cake was the release of the Air Jordan XIII ‘Ray Allen’. On the Sneaker News website, the cake can be seen with details of great comparison to how the shoe was made, with the Jordan logo found on the heel of the shoe, along with Ray Allen’s signature on the tongue. The colors and the design are precise compared to the actual model of the shoe.

“I think it’s mad cool cause I love sneakers, so when I was a kid I wished that they were around so that I could get the cake, with the same design as the birthday sneakers that I got,” said anonymous.

The design of sneaker cakes are being shared to the world through websites such as Pinterest, Etsy, Sole Collector, and Sneaker News. People around the world are being inspired to create shoes from other countries. As an example, the Italian brand, Giuseppe Zanotti, has a sneaker designed cake by an artist on BBkakes, who transformed one of the brand’s sneakers into a cake as a birthday cake. This sneaker cake as well has great detail with how the sneaker is designed, such as a strong resemblance to the metallic gold straps on the shoe, along with the way the sneaker is laced, the material, as well as the gold zipper on the side of the shoe.

“They’re very creative, it seems like it takes time and patience to decorate them, it seems that people have the passion to make them because they’re very well detailed and shaped or whatever,” said freshmen, Alondra Fuentes.

“I like it,” said senior, Alex Creque.

What are your thoughts on these sneaker designed pastries? The evolution of sneaker designed pastries has still yet to evolve completely. However what do you think will come of this trend? Maybe a new sneaker brand designed by a cake? Or even a sneaker company will colaborate with a pastry company to make a limited time release of a sneaker pastry with your purchase of their new sneaker or vice versa.

“It’s littacles. I mean it’s lit,” said junior, Jordan Mack.