Tiger Pride News Makes Its Debut

A.I. has officially launched Tiger Pride News, the official schoolwide YouTube channel.

Rhys Levine, Sports Editor

As the year has progressed, the A.I. community, both students and faculty, has taken steps towards improving the everyday environment of the school. From the introduction of the Cresci Cup to a variety of Eagles-themed spirit days, the 2017-18 school year has seen plenty of new and exciting elements that have significantly added to the level of spirit school wide. Even with these newly implemented events, the most notable change remains the introduction of Tiger Pride News (TPN).

An idea created by A.I.’s assistant principal Marty Cresci, TPN launched its first stream January 19 on its YouTube channel. According to TPN host Junior Jordan Kennedy, the idea was proposed to add “flavor” to the longstanding procedure of announcements over the PA system. Operated by a team of A.I. students and technology teacher Jamie Meanor, every aspect of a professional news broadcast is replicated within school, from graphic design to script writing.

For each individual involved in the show’s production, the opportunity to be a part of something as innovative to the school as Tiger Pride News means a great deal. Members of the crew, both in front of and behind the camera, feel that TPN is providing them valuable knowledge for the future. The behind-the-scenes team notes the experience dealing with professional production concepts as especially important, familiarizing elements like set layout and videography technology with the young group.

Although the technical maintenance of a show like Tiger Pride News is greatly beneficial to A.I.’s aspiring producers and video technicians, the chance to star on such a show has also been an excellent opportunity for TPN’s anchors. Junior Amanda Bernens expressed her thoughts on the show’s impact on her own life at school.

“It’s made me more confident,” said Bernens. “I walk around school and everybody’s like: ‘You’re the girl from the show!’”

As TPN is a fairly new idea, still operating in its early stages, several questions have arisen as to how the show plans to operate in the future. Students from all grade levels have voiced interest in becoming a part of the program, as both anchors and part of the production team. While the cast and crew spots are currently occupied by specifically requested students, a class is planning to be introduced by the next school year for underclassmen interested in joining the show. Plans have also been made to change technical aspects of the show, including a two-mic and two-camera setup, as well as the addition of a predetermined anchor. For now, however, the students and faculty of A.I. look forward to the continued success of TPN.